Sunday, December 27, 2009

CHRISTMAS!

As our first activity on Christmas break, Sara had a friend over to make gingerbread houses. I completely forgot to get something to use for the foundation but we used cups and it turned out okay. The girls made a mess and got plenty of sugar!
Lily was not into making the house as much as she was helping to taste everything! I made her house and she devoured it later.
Jacob went to play at a friend's house while Sara had a friend over so, he got to make one when he got home later. Notice the guards on top of his fort.
We went to a Christmas Eve dinner at Cathy's house and I finally had some time on my hands to get the girls hair the way I had in mind. This is my sweet Lily from the front. She has been taking the scissors to her beautiful locks lately to trim it. I keep taking them away and putting her in time out but she does not seem to care that she gets in trouble for it. She will be bald in a month at the rate she's cutting! I don't even know where she is getting the scissors from!
This is a quick shot from the back. I found these ornaments on sale at Michaels and just had to put them in their hair! So cute and super easy. I just started a french braid on half piggies off a diagonal part. Then I pulled it all back in a tucked up pony. I used bobby pins to hold the ornaments in and then hair spray!
This "Cindy-Loohoo" do was much more complicated. I was worried I wouldn't be able to really get the full effect on Sara that I was going for because her hair is really short. I added a bunch of ponies at the bottom and worked my way up from there. I added pipe cleaner in alternating colors from the bottom as I worked my way up and twisted them around the ponies as I went. I put it all in a pony at the top and started adding ornaments and ribbons after that.
She was so excited to show everyone her crazy hair. Everyone loved it and she made a beautiful angel for the skit at Nannies house.
On our way home Lily was so tired and Sara was being such a cheese I had to get a shot....it turned out so cute....I just love it. Looks like Sara is "raising the roof".lol
On Christmas Eve the kids get to open a gift that we get them and I always get them new pj's. Sara was closing her eyes till she got it opened..so funny.
Green! Sara's new favorite color is green and she got a bunch of new green clothes! Jacob was a little let down at getting clothes.
Ok, maybe REALLY let down! Ha-ha! He got so many toys in the morning that he completely forgot his let down!
It took a few minutes to get their hair down and it was really good looking afterward!
....and of course my crazy kids had to pose for me in their new clothes.

No comments: